We are a family because of MOM - she played several roles, backstage, centerstage -but because of her, we always had a successful production! Happy memories, happy life - my mom is a safe place for anyone to go to. She is an artist, a minister, a counselor, a sexy temptress to my dad, annoying at times, an excellent cook and a fun spirit!
I have many beautiful, wonderful memories with my mother - but here are 10 Memories I Love About You and Me, Mom!
10. Bringing a tray of healthy items to my Kindergarten class - I was embarrassed at first, but you wouldn't serve your little girl, or her friends a plate of crap! The cheese, veggies and fruit was a DO!
9. For the small amount of spankings I received - this one was memorable! My mom chasing a very naughty JJ outside by our pool for some kid crime I had committed and threatening me with a spanking, only she slipped and fell in! A stunned child JJ turned around, worried if water made an already mad mom even more mad - but the cool water had cooled off her mom instead - and ended up laughing at her horrible attempt at discipline!
8. An excited mom showing up in her daughter's room with presents as a hint of where we were going for a family vacation (a cruise) and surprised at her daughter's tears, when finding out the trip WAS NOT Disney World!
7. A busy mom getting the MOST POPULAR girl in elementary school "Every Day of the Week" underwear as a gift for her daughter - and afterwards, regretting she did not get a Barbie and realizing she had forever scarred her daughter for life!
6. Realizing priorities in life. My mom busted me out of high school when I was having a bad day and took me to Neiman Marcus for some girl time!
5. When going through sorority RUSH (Recruitment) at SMU, it was my mom who was supportive on the phone with me every night, made sure I picked out the cutest clothes and let me post Tri Delta banners, car stickers and paraphernalia everywhere around the house!
4. A favorite comment from my mom, when hosting a Bridesmaids Tea for me in Dallas, Texas - knowing that I love afternoon tea. "But the girls don't seem to want any tea....just champagne!"
3. Believing in Creativity. Garrett drew on his walls, I dumped the entire outdoor furniture set and some dishware in our pool to create an underwater city. It even had an elevator! Mom was not pleased, but impressed with our imaginations!
2. When I didn't make the dance team, she immediately sent me on a college road trip to visit my cousin at Baylor! Mom knew a party to celebrate my lack of dance skills would cheer me up! Mom was too cool for school!
1. After slaving all day making a huge bowl of guacamole for a "Big 4" party in Galveston, clumsy JJ knocks the entire thing over - and my mom graciously comforts me, but it was truly she that needed the comforting!

Thank you, my darling daughter! This only gives me more pleasure, each time I read it. Love you, my creative one.
ReplyDelete