Fear of the unknown, so lets do the same thing over and over again. This mentality is why I LOVE to travel to other countries who seem to embrace creative expression. SURE, those Harajuku girls in Japan look a bit outlandish - fashionable and laughable...but they give me a break from the monotony of looking at typical dress. I love London...you see everything there and for me, an early to bed type of gal, I can stay up all night just taking everything in!
The point of this rant and rave? Probably none. I am not at all saying go crazy people, normalcy does rock! But sometimes, we need to sneak in a little fun and laugh at ourselves!
Case in point, in my involvement in the community. People wonder....WHY are numbers down? Well, the economy not being so great, but if you are going to ask people to SPEND - give them something they don't expect! I go to certain events - its the same thing - cheap wine, bad food, typical entertainment - blah, blah, blah. Now, I pay the same amount and get less. I certainly LOVE to support my community, especially in time of need - but I wish for a little creativity and open mindedness!
I am just venting because I wanted the Gals (Drag Queens) from Hamburger Mary's to call out an auction - they call out Bingo and Trivia and ARE HILARIOUS! If I had THEM asking me for money, I think I'd give more! They remind me of Paula Deen, the Chef... (not in looks), but in attitude - very rambunctious, spunky and FUN! I am not saying anything political here - gay rights for you ultra-conservatives - just fun. Though, I believe in taxing everyone - even gays!! (Pro Marriage for everyone.) But my friends thought they would be JUST TOO MUCH. I understand, but sometimes I feel like society gets very bland tasting. Because nothing else special was planned.
I don't believe in tearing anyone apart - Conservative/Liberal/Middle - I agree with all points, and there is usually a place for everything. (Even for people who like to stay within the boundaries of the BOX....they KEEP ME GROUNDED when I need it!)
Anyway, when you see cases of people just relaxing - School teachers shaving their heads if everyone in class gets an "A", a Mayor of the city walking across a state for votes...AND events which feature something new and unexpected, usually people are surprised and talk about the night as a great memory! I guess I have a weird sense of humor - blame Chevy Chase, who was my idol growing up. And it seems, a good family man as well?! I hope!
Just don't lose too much of your imagination and childhood, people! Grow up, but occasionally re-visit your crazy, wrap/roll a house side of you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment