Humanity has a long way to go. A massive earthquake strikes Haiti and while there is tons of compassion and help coming there way, there are also stupid people out there saying they deserve this. He who is sinless cast the first stone....
Not only that, it is so sad the feeling of helplessness one gets. You donate to the Red Cross, or other places - DOES it get there? What is the hold up? I wish I knew the true answer. And if the world were a perfect place, we wouldn't be fighting each other, so we WOULD have the resources and man power to send to Haiti. So sad - the volunteers that do arrive, arrive to no structure. I hope this all ends soon and the Haitians get some real relief, well organized - soon! It can't come soon enough to the man, woman, child who has hours to live - that is someone's loved one.
And I hope the looters, criminals and violence will end abruptly....I am shocked and angered that they would not organize for good instead of evil. A band of them together would surely help in the name of good and setting up some sort of structure. But who knows how desperation turns people? I would hope that is not how I would ever be.
God Bless Haiti and I hope you all receive the help and comfort you need soon. I can't even imagine. I think of my 2 sons and hug them even more dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment