This entry will probably suck because I am just learning how to blog. Instead of the usual crazy downtown stories posts or traveling to some exotic country, this one will feature such interesting stories as not getting sleep, and not getting some more sleep and attempting to nap, but instead, playing with Fisher-Price toys. Did I mention that I have 2 young children, a baby and a toddler? Oh yes! But they are so cute, I USUALLY don't mind not getting any sleep.
We just got back from a 3 week Western vacation/trip - that is why I am a bit exhausted. Oh yes, flying with kiddos and different time zones....and kids that are sick...hmmm, I know, I am starting to sound a bit crazy! We went to Texas to see my cousin's wedding, then to Vegas to show our kids something educational - adults acting like idiots and spending their life savings on a suckers bet (but still in good fun) and finally, to Los Angeles, where the inhabitants are very good influences on children! Oh yes, we stayed in the Hollywood Hills...right next to Lindsey Lohan and the infamous Chateau Marmont. I think our kids already have agents! We also got to see our new niece, Jane. What gift did we give the family, you ask?! Maybe a pink bear, pink clothing or a silver rattle? Nope. We gave the gift that kept on giving...illness! We were still sick from Austin & Vegas - and one person after the next threw up. That darn virus wouldn't die! And yes, we brought that into a new infant's house. Oh yes, we were popular that week - but at least Keeley (my sister-in-law's) little sister was able to miss school for a few days. Did I mention she's on the honor roll, etc - prob. brought her grade average down a bit. Ahh yes, Janie truly was exposed to us...and our germs! But I guess that is what traveling is for....airplanes and germs and all of that stuff. Yuck!
So, after unpacking for 2 weeks...mama needs some serious snoozing. I just have to schedule that one in!
We just got back from a 3 week Western vacation/trip - that is why I am a bit exhausted. Oh yes, flying with kiddos and different time zones....and kids that are sick...hmmm, I know, I am starting to sound a bit crazy! We went to Texas to see my cousin's wedding, then to Vegas to show our kids something educational - adults acting like idiots and spending their life savings on a suckers bet (but still in good fun) and finally, to Los Angeles, where the inhabitants are very good influences on children! Oh yes, we stayed in the Hollywood Hills...right next to Lindsey Lohan and the infamous Chateau Marmont. I think our kids already have agents! We also got to see our new niece, Jane. What gift did we give the family, you ask?! Maybe a pink bear, pink clothing or a silver rattle? Nope. We gave the gift that kept on giving...illness! We were still sick from Austin & Vegas - and one person after the next threw up. That darn virus wouldn't die! And yes, we brought that into a new infant's house. Oh yes, we were popular that week - but at least Keeley (my sister-in-law's) little sister was able to miss school for a few days. Did I mention she's on the honor roll, etc - prob. brought her grade average down a bit. Ahh yes, Janie truly was exposed to us...and our germs! But I guess that is what traveling is for....airplanes and germs and all of that stuff. Yuck!
So, after unpacking for 2 weeks...mama needs some serious snoozing. I just have to schedule that one in!
No comments:
Post a Comment